Autumn Knitting



Hey folks!

Iv'e been doing some thinking. Now that its finally "Sweater Weather", I am compelled to finally break out the knitting patterns and get to work on projects that I have been meaning to work on, but ending up putting aside for months (Which is quite a lot, lol). But not this time. Even if that means I do a knit-a-thon so I can finish up the several projects, then let the games begin! : )

First, the Top priorities:

As I've mentioned sometime ago, I am selling my steampunk jewelry at a convention next month called "Chessie Con". While working on ideas of what else I could make for the Merchant's Room, I decided that knitting wrist warmers would be a great addition to anyone's steampunk ensemble, plus it'll perfect to keep hands warms since it'll be cold in November. I picked out specific colors that would work for this particular fashion, and made up a generic pattern that involves cable knits, garters, and stockinette. Given the fact that the wrist warmers are super easy to do, I know I definitely have to finish knitting by November 10th.

In addition to that, I have a commission for a friend's Doctor Who scarf (this will be my 3rd time making one) as well as knitting little Groot plant amigarumi from Guardian's of the Galaxy. All due in February. Given the amount of time, materials, and the INSANE length of the "Tom Baker" scarf I wasn't sure if knitting all 20 feet of scarf would be done in time for Valentine's Day. Maybe, 4 feet? Sadly though, my friend LOVES really long scarves, so time to grab the Tylenol, heating pad, and knitting needles, cause it's going to be a long knitting session. :P

Next, the not so top priorities: 

There's another pair of scarves that I'd like to work on for my own personal Fall/Winter wardrobe: A basic garter stitch scarf, and a cowl from the TV show Outlander.



I also have to get started on Christmas gifts. I was thinking something cute, but practical and something I know my recipients of these gifts won't stash in the closet or drawer, never again to see the light of day (Don't you hate that?). I could post some ideas on here, but for obvious reasons, I'm going to keep it a secret.

So yep. Let the knit-athon begin!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bram Stoker's Dracula Movie (1992) Synopsis Pt. I

Fichu construction & Tutorial

Time Skip Perona Cosplay dress Part II