2017 George Washington Birthnight Ball

This past weekend my friend Stephanie and I visited our favorite place on Earth, Colonial Williamsburg, for the 2017 George Washington Ball. With spring already in full swing, we surprisingly didn't have to dress like we were going to the north pole, but still decided to wear our cloaks and mitts to knock off some of the chill (it was 50 degrees after all). 

We walked around and ran into friends we hadn't seen since the holidays, and also visited the Milliner's to see what they were working on: a beautiful silk goldenrod gown for one of their acting interpreters, who portrays Martha Custis. I think I asked so many questions about working with silk, that I could have taken notes. lol. 

Around noon, we met up with a friend of ours who lived around the corner from the historic district and had lunch at the King's Arms Tavern. This was my very first time there, and I will say that it won't be my last. I really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere, maybe a little more than I do with Chownings. 













~~~~~

By evening, Stephanie and I had dinner at the Cheese Shop in Merchant's Sq. and then headed back to our room to go get dressed for the ball. This year, the ball was held at the College of William & Mary; we did not realize how large the campus was, and did get lost on the way to the dance. When we finally arrived, the event was in full swing. Everyone was dancing and looking their best. But in the end, we had a lot of fun. We danced as much as our shoes could handle, and we even made friends with folks who worked in the historic city. I can't wait to go back again next year!!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bram Stoker's Dracula Movie (1992) Synopsis Pt. I

Fichu construction & Tutorial

Time Skip Perona Cosplay dress Part II