1885 Victorian Day Bodice Part 2

Previously, I was working on my first mock-up of the 1885 Curisas Victorian day jacket by Truly Victorian. While following the pattern instructions (lining, interlining, boning, etc.) I realized that with the undergarments and corset in place, it would be a bit uncomfortable for me to wear; as a result I decided to just cut and sew the outer fabric and the lining together. The form of the jacket would fit around the corset just fine. In fact, the whole jacket came together nicely enough to get started on the real project. 

As I've mentioned in my recent post, I did a lot of research on the types of prints that women wore during the late Victorian bustle era; to my understanding and what I've seen in fashion pictures on Pinterest, there was a wide selection that matched either the wearer's preference or whatever was remotely fashionable at the time. For example, there was LOTS of plaids, stripes, floral prints, etc. Sometimes the outfit was a plain solid color, but the majority was a free-for-all. I wanted my jacket to resemble that. To be loud, and plaid. Thankfully JoAnn Fabrics was well equipt with all sorts of plaid suiting and quilting fabrics.


The outer fabric has been pinned and the front's been darted 


All that's left is sewing the cuffs and the sleeves. 



As far as what type of skirt to wear with it, I figured that my black tiered ruffled skirt with the extra long train, would be perfect for this jacket (plus it would look amazing with the jacket once I finish bustling the heck out of the train.) 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bram Stoker's Dracula Movie (1992) Synopsis Pt. I

Fichu construction & Tutorial

Time Skip Perona Cosplay dress Part II