Curtain Along ver. 2.0

Now that the Ball is over and reenacting season has started,  I've been doing some thinking. I'd like to make another chintz gown from the leftover 9 yards of Felicite-Waverly fabric I have from when I made my ball gown. At first, I pondered about what era I should make this one for, and what style of dress?  So, I checked the Internet for ideas (Pinterest, Google, Blogs, etc.) They were all very intriguing and inspirational. However, after reading one of the blogs that I follow, I felt inspired by American Duchess's black Robe Royaliste gown that dates back to the Regency/Federal period. It looked incredibly elegant something that I'd like to try something similar myself.

I was thinking of making a bib-front gown or an open robe. But here's the kicker: I've never done this before; I'm so used to making 18th century English gowns, that I somehow feel reluctant with going forward with this. But at the same time, I'm relentless. I'll figure out a way to do it.



                           
                                                                  idea 1)  Bib front pattern


                                                      Idea 2: 19th century Overdress pattern




I'll keep everyone posted on its progress. I'm very excited to get started. But in the meantime, the bolt of fabric will still continue to lean up against the wall.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bram Stoker's Dracula Movie (1992) Synopsis Pt. I

Fichu construction & Tutorial

Time Skip Perona Cosplay dress Part II