Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival 2014

Went to the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival today at the Howard County Fairgrounds. It was fun, energetic, and very tempting. 

With only $5 in my pocket (I wanted to see what I could buy with only that much), I went fiber hunting  and button/pin hunting, and even picked up a few business cards from booths that I really had special interests in and wanted to patronize later. My finds were successful and well worth the bargain. 

For instance, out of all of the fibers that I priced at the festival, I find a gorgeous wine colored Merino roving for only $2.50 an oz. I also found a button/pin for $0.27, and 3 up-to-date knitting pattern books from All About Yarn, for only $1 each. 

As the festival was winding down, I managed to watch a sheep sheering demo, meet new people, and even meet up with some old friends in the knitting group that I used to frequent. 

In retrospect, It's very possible to get some pretty neat stuff for only $5 and as always sheep are awesome. 

That mask eerily reminds me of the Wyatt Family from WWE Raw. 

These little babies are so adorable. 

There was carnival food all the way up and down this area. The smells of funnel cakes were alluring.



This tree was also yarn bombed with pretty colors. 

Feeding time! 

Sheep on parade! 




Yarn bombed! 

The inside of one of the pavilions. It was very crowded, but my goodness, all of the vibrant yarn and roving colors were everywhere making the whole place just pop with excitement. 



Sheep sheering demo



This sheep here, has dreadlocks. 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bram Stoker's Dracula Movie (1992) Synopsis Pt. I

Fichu construction & Tutorial

Time Skip Perona Cosplay dress Part II