Updates, Updates, Updates!

Hey Readers!


Sorry it's taken so long for me to post. It's been a very busy June/July. My husband and I are still busy unpacking things. Anyway, I have been working on a lot of projects lately but due to the amount of time I have left in the day, I'm going to just put things down on a list.




  • This past week, I was asked by my friend/mentor, Ellen to help her out with running her jewelry table at an upcoming convention called "Chessiecon". It's a lot like the comic con and the anime conventions here on the East coast, but it's more geared towards Science Fiction and Fantasy (i.e Game of Thrones & Doctor Who). In addition to running her table, I decided to make and sell my own sets.
    For sale at Etsy

    •  I've been working on a couple of commissions; mostly knitted scarves and small draw string bags. I am also planning on doing a huge volunteer project for a local museum called the Benjamin Banneker Historical Park & Museum. A while back, I went to their market fair as an interpreter (I played Nancy Gardener Prince), and was asked if I could make 18th century clothes for their costume department. After accepting such an awesome challenge, I got to work on doing the research. What did people wear in such a rural setting back in the 18th century. I figured something basic and easy to maneuver in since Howard County was mostly a farming/Textile community. So linen/onasburg petticoats, breaches, shirts, and vests. I thought cotton was one of the key components but after doing some more research it turned out that cotton didn't become prominent until the 1830's. 

    Photo by Benjamin Banneker Historical Park & Museum

    Photo by Benjamin Banneker  Historical Park & Museum

    • Speaking of colonial clothes, my husband and I went on an "Adventure" to the local JoAnn Fabric store, and came across a plethora of patterns that were on sale (50% OFF). After looking through the costumes sections of McCall, Butterrick, & Simplicity I came across this pattern. 

    • I figured that since my husband is reenacting for the first time, It would be best to start him off with the basics; he would need a vest like this (the breeches on the other hand, I'm going to omit, mostly because I prefer Jas. Townsend as a good beginner's kit). 


    Well that's about it for now. There are a few other projects I'm working on, but as mentioned before, going to make this as short as possible. 



    Until next time!

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    Bram Stoker's Dracula Movie (1992) Synopsis Pt. I

    Fichu construction & Tutorial

    Time Skip Perona Cosplay dress Part II