Hunt Ball Gown

I love the month of November! In spite of the cold, I enjoy looking at all of the different colors of  leaves, and everything else having to do with fall such as Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and the Gadsby's Tavern's Hunter's Ball. The Hunter's Ball, previously called The Jefferson Ball (sadly Colonial Williamsburg's own Bill Barker, portraying Thomas Jefferson had to cancel), is a ball celebrating everything to do with the hunt: fox hunt, stag hunt, mink hunt... you name it. 

Given my limited options (time x money), I had to do some quick thinking on how to make regency ball gown that was related to the theme. I thought about doing something along the lines of a riding ensemble, just like the one pictured below. 

It's simplicity is what makes it so elegant :D
However, given that I don't have much time to get the materials and the pattern to make a Spencer jacket, I decided to just work with the colors. From my research on British hunting ensembles, my plain brown dress was a perfect canvas for this project; it just needed some new trim. The Black and Gold  trim were perfect for the gown's uniformity, and it only cost me $2.99!





I plan on doing a little more to the outfit as far as accessories go; my mother's red and black shawl, and of course some jewelry (maybe a string of pearls or a yellow gold necklace and matching earrings). As for my hair I was thinking of ringlets, a bun, and a headband/tiara. Maybe a hair appliqué made of pheasant feathers? So many ideas, so little time. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bram Stoker's Dracula Movie (1992) Synopsis Pt. I

Fichu construction & Tutorial

Time Skip Perona Cosplay dress Part II