1780's zone front gown (aka the last Waverley re-vamp)

I swear, this is the last time I augment this gown. 

When I first created this gown for the Braddock's Day Ball in 2014, it had a high neckline and red bows on either side of the sleeves and in the center. Then I augmented it by changing out the bows for green ones and adding a matching stomacher. Needless to say, the outcome was horrible. Then I changed the front part of the bodice using the J.P.Ryan Robe Anglaise pattern which lowered the neckline, and it seemed to work wonderfully…but then, the perfectionist in me had to take it a step further. . . . 

I cut off at least 6 inches of the train so it wouldn't track dirt when i walked, and created trim to put all over the gown to create a zone front (well to give the illusion of one) as well as the sides of the gown for symmetry. 

In retrospect, I absolutely love this 1780's style more than anything else I've done with this gown and have no regrets with its final form. 

Wasn't 100% sure if I wanted to include the black veil or not to add drama for Halloween

Seriously loving these earrings


Popular posts from this blog

Bram Stoker's Dracula Movie (1992) Synopsis Pt. I

Fichu construction & Tutorial

Time Skip Perona Cosplay dress Part II