Colonial Williamsburg Internship: Prelude Day 1

Today marks the first day (well the prelude, really) of an incredible journey. I start my internship this week at Colonial Williamsburg.

With only 4 days till my initial start date, I decided to travel down early with my mother and aunt down to Williamsburg to get me settled in at the place I'm staying. . . my goodness, the drive down was intense!!! Nothing but constant rain and bumper to bumper traffic all the way down both I-95 and I-64. From what was supposed to be a 3 hour drive, it turned into 5 hours. Lots of show tunes and pit stops to stretch our legs and switch drivers.

When we finally reached our destination, and introduced my folks to my cousin (which btw, I really want to thank her for letting me stay with her for the duration of my internship). After setting up my bedroom we decided to venture out to find dinner. My cousin suggested a place that was close to "home" called Food for Thought. I've never been there before, considering that most of the places I've eaten were in the historic area, but since I would be a temporary resident here, I figured I'd expand my palate a bit and try something new. I absolutely loved the atmosphere of the restaurant; everything pertaining to inventors from history as well as philosophers and ground breakers. The food was just as amazing! Even the dessert was mind blowing that we couldn't decide which one we wanted to order (so we just settled for both and shared).

After a few more errands (and showing my folks the Yankee Candle Village flagship store), we finally got settled in at "home" and prepped for the next day.


Plans for tomorrow, figure out the transit system and do some sightseeing around the HA. Stay tuned!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bram Stoker's Dracula Movie (1992) Synopsis Pt. I

Fichu construction & Tutorial

Time Skip Perona Cosplay dress Part II