Victorian Bustle Skirt Challenge Updates

So, the progress for my victorian bustle skirt has changed, just a tad. I figured that since I already have a lobster tail bustle and a bustle pad, the next thing I should focus on is an under petticoat to go over it, thus making the overskirt look a lot fuller when I put on. Plus, it would also serve well as just a Steampunk skirt.

Well, let's just say that 2 weeks into sewing this project and getting frustrated, I have finally decided to scrap it and redo the front and back pattern pieces, as well as elongating the bottom flounce. Instead of using the online tutorial that I was originally following, I decided to use the steampunk simplicity pattern. The outcome was much more successful.

My favorite aspects of making this skirt, would definitely be the ruffles and flounces because of how the lace looks when it's all scrunched up. As soon as I can find my camera, I will show more than enough pictures here.

But for now...


Popular posts from this blog

Fichu construction & Tutorial

18th Century Market Wallet

2022 Military Through The Ages (Mini-Review)