A little sewing on the side

About last May, I was asked by one of the committee members of the Benjamin Banneker Museum in Ellicott City, to upgrade their volunteer's colonial costumes. I was hesitant at first, because I didn't know how many people were volunteering, how many had their own costumes, and if it was in their budget to provide all of the materials that I would need to make clothes for women, men, and children. I'm still a bit hesitant with doing the task all by my lonesome, but it's certainly not going to stop me from trying. I came up with a list of the basic clothes that people back then in rural colonial Ellicott Mills (as it was called back then) and got to work on how many I would need to make.


  • Chemises
  • bum rolls
  • neckerchiefs
  • petticoats
  • bodices
  • waistcoats
  • bed jackets


As for making the breeches and waistcoats, It's a first for me so if anything, I'd do a few mock ups before I give them over to the museum.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bram Stoker's Dracula Movie (1992) Synopsis Pt. I

Fichu construction & Tutorial

Time Skip Perona Cosplay dress Part II