1809 Day Dress Progress: Part II

I'm excited to say that I'm at the halfway point of finishing my day dress. Right now, the bodice is finished and fits perfectly. Aside from machine sewing the muslin lining to the dress, the sleeves, waistband, and arm bands are hand-sewn. Even though the challenge calls for stash-busthing, I resorted to buying a button mold from JoAnn Fabrics, and made a few buttons out of the remaining fabric I had left over from the bodice scraps. For the skirt, I have 3 yards of broadcloth fabric remaining, and sometime by the end of the weekend I'll have it ready for the Historical Sew Monthly challenge: Stash-busting.  




full view


The back view before the buttons


hand sewn muslin to the fashion fabric


Button, Button, who's got the button?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bram Stoker's Dracula Movie (1992) Synopsis Pt. I

Fichu construction & Tutorial

Time Skip Perona Cosplay dress Part II