Now that it's finally the weekend, I could finally sit back, unwind, and work a little on my sewing. I know that I have several UFO's laying around as well as my March and April historical sew monthly challenges that I was supposed to be steadily working on, but today I wanted to work on a UFO that belonged to my husband, that I never got around to finishing.

Last year, I attempted to start on his 18th century waistcoat. The fashion fabric was made up of the same navy blue duck canvas that I used for my stays, and the lining was made up of light muslin. Fast forward to now, it seems that I only cut out 2 of the muslin pieces and didn't have any left over, so instead I am using leftover tartan plaid cotton fabric that I had from Hobby Lobby from when I made my 1940's skirt.

However, after putting it all together, I'm not really a big fan. Both fabrics  are clashing against one another, and it kind of reminded me of a hobo waistcoat instead of something an 18th century gentleman would wear. On the other hand, since this is the lining, it would be highly doubtful that anyone will see it. 


Popular posts from this blog

Bram Stoker's Dracula Movie (1992) Synopsis Pt. I

Fichu construction & Tutorial

Time Skip Perona Cosplay dress Part II