HSFM Challenge #6

               This is related to my earlier post, but heck why not turn it into a challenge piece?

 




The challenge: Out of your comfort zone


Fabric: 100% Cotton voile (gown), bleached cotton muslin (sleeves), and sheer curtain fabric (collar)

Pattern: A modified pattern made by Fresh Frippery; the sleeves were used from the 1809 day dress pattern.


Year: 1790


Notions: Ribbon for the sash and drawstring, lace for the sleeves


How historically accurate is it?: Despite using the sewing machine to beat the deadline, I'd say that this is pretty accurate for the time.


Hours to complete: 72 hours (3 days)


First worn: Only to try it on a few times.

Total cost: $27.15


For a 1st attempt, I'd say I did pretty well. I plan to make another one in the near future with more lace, more frills, and probably make them with long slender sleeves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bram Stoker's Dracula Movie (1992) Synopsis Pt. I

Fichu construction & Tutorial

Time Skip Perona Cosplay dress Part II