"Waverly": The Robe L'anglaise Revamped

It's been a VERY long time since I've last revisited the "Waverly" gown. Originally it was for the Braddocks' Day Ball in May 2014, and since then it had been sitting in my closet or in storage. Before my husband and I moved to our new place last year, I did spend a little time with it to do a little revamping and changed some things out. I made a matching petticoat, removed all of the extra frilly lace off the sleeves and shortened the HUGE red bow in the middle by cutting off the tails, as well as tightened up the neckline so it wouldn't sag at the shoulders when I wear it. 

Before
After 


Fast Forward to 2015
~~~~~~~~

After I revamped it a year ago, I still wasn't 100% happy with the turn out. The trim was ragged and needed a little more attention. So last night, I re-revamped it. Luckily I now have a pair of pinking shears (Love them!) and went to work on carefully cutting the trim of the neckline and the sleeves. I also removed the flounce at the bottom of the sleeves and saved those for when I go to another 18th century Ball.


I also tried something a little different and made a pretty apron with a flounce made from this sheer fabric I bought from JoAnn's.  

              








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bram Stoker's Dracula Movie (1992) Synopsis Pt. I

Fichu construction & Tutorial

Time Skip Perona Cosplay dress Part II