Last Minute Preparations, plus pretty jewelry

Tomorrow, I'm going to a little get together with some friends. I'm very excited because it's Regency themed, and the house that we are visiting is one of the most prestigious houses in Maryland during that time, and was involved during the War of 1812.

Anyway, I made a trip to my local JoAnn Fabrics to pick up some yarn to knit a quick & easy reticule, but I also came across a few awesome trinkets in the jewelry making aisle. For example, a pair of pendants that included my favorite paintings from Edgar Degas. Instead of using them as necklaces or chokers I thought, "These would look great as a pair of earrings.".






Then, it hit me. . .

I didn't have a 19th century style jewelry set. So, I spent 30 minutes looking up and down the jewelry and beads aisle to find the perfect inspiration. . . Sadly, I didn't find anything that resembled 19th century regency fashion, but I did find a nice pair of glass beads to fashion together a nice pair of earrings and a necklace. It may not be 100% historically accurate, but I like it and it's dainty.





As far as the reticule production, more than likely I'm going to pull an all-nighter to finish but hey, that's why coffee was created. :D 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bram Stoker's Dracula Movie (1992) Synopsis Pt. I

Fichu construction & Tutorial

Time Skip Perona Cosplay dress Part II