A short post: Chintz Jacket
This is a really short post, but I wanted to show you the progress of the jacket that I had on display at the Colonial Fair this past weekend. Originally, it was a Robe L'anglaise but because it really needed an upgrade, I decided to cut the skirt of the robe into a jacket, then I took off the original trim and used the remaining fabric to make box pleats (love making them!) all around the yoke and the peplum, and topped the front with a bow and a decorative button. After I work on the closings in the front, I will be able to wear this gorgeous jacket on Saturday for the L'Hermione visit.