1812 Midwinter House Party

This past weekend, was absolutely amazing! On saturday, my husband and I joined several of our reenacting friends for a Regency house party hosted by the Bartgis-Knight house. The event was very low key, but the ambiance was a bit on the romantic side and perfect for what was being portrayed (early 19th century games, dinner by candle-light, etc.)

In addition to that, this was also my husband's first time at an event, and in kit (thanks to my good friends Lawrence and Katie Bopp for lending him the clothes), so the experience was not only new to him, but it was new to me (my reaction was priceless). He looked like Mr. Bingley from the BBC Pride & Prejudice.




After dinner, there were tons of games and other fun activities. For example, I versed my husband in a game of Farro (and lost) and chatted away with friends we haven't seen since June. As the party reached 10pm and was coming to a close, the hosts of the party (along with Jon, myself, and the housemates of the Bartgis/Knight house, went out to the Drummer's Line at the Maryland Inn for a night cap and to watch the Football playoffs...Green Bay won btw :(


The ladies at the desert table

The steaks were hight at the Farro table

First of many <3

In retrospect, this was definitely a fun night, and even more special considering this is the first time I get to be in kit with my husband. Hopefully one of many times ;) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bram Stoker's Dracula Movie (1992) Synopsis Pt. I

Fichu construction & Tutorial

Time Skip Perona Cosplay dress Part II