Victorian Bustle Pad

Prior to the Holiday tea last weekend, I needed something to replace the bustle pad and lobster tail bustle I made 2 years ago. While both enhancements were fun to make, they really didn't do the job of hiking up the back of my gown. So I went online and found a much better replacement.



Here is the link to make your own Victorian bustle pad.


  • What I used to make mine, was at least a yard of white "Cotton Brand" muslin I got from JoAnn Fabrics for $3.99 (I really loved the linen like quality)
  •  believe it or not, the cotton snow that was on clearance (it's basically pillow stuffing) 
  • White binding tape


I didn't have any lace to trim the bustle with, but I was very happy with how it turned out. I also tried something a little different when wearing the bustle. I got the idea from American Duchess, but I decided to add the puffer  over top of the underskirt and bustle pad to smoothen everything out and give it more "oomph". As soon as I put my black skirt and jacket on, it worked perfectly!




Underskirt with bustle
The "puffer" added on top of everything

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bram Stoker's Dracula Movie (1992) Synopsis Pt. I

Fichu construction & Tutorial

Time Skip Perona Cosplay dress Part II