18th Century Jacket

For the past several weeks, I've been working on attempting to make a ladies 18th century jacket. Nothing too fancy, but something cutesy and practical enough for upcoming reenactments. The first thing that came to mind was the jacket worn by the famous "Chocolate Girl".  The sleeves and the peplum in the back of the jacket are my two most favorite things, and definitely something I would like to attempt to recreate. 


To make this jacket, i had to really do my homework and figure out what would work for this. I pulled out my jacket pattern I bought in April, and selected version A front and back. 


Women's Jacket pattern by JPRyan

The mockup worked pretty well, only the peplum in the back was too long and almost resembled a Caraco jacket. I tried pleating it, but it didn't work too well to give the jacket that pleated look-where it sticks up and out.





So this is where I'm a little stuck now. I'll fiddle with the pleats some more, but in the meantime, I'll just work on the sleeves. If anyone happens to know how to fix the problem in the back, just send me a little message down below. It would definitely be appreciated. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bram Stoker's Dracula Movie (1992) Synopsis Pt. I

Fichu construction & Tutorial

Time Skip Perona Cosplay dress Part II